Monday, October 19, 2009

New Beginnings: I arise from the ashes

I am planning a new beginning in my training and focus on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in January. I will be starting training at Phoenix Martial Arts Academy (hence the title), which is nearby and is an established school with a great reputation. I am waiting until January to start back because between now and the end of the year, I have a very full plate (between work, school, and some planned travel). Between now and then, I am focusing on getting my cardio, functional strength, and mentality where it needs to be to try to take my game to a higher level.

I am spending a lot of time analyzing techniques and strategies on Submissions 101 and Youtube. I have also discovered a website, The Wise Grappler, which is intended for the older grappler. Good stuff.

I am running a 5K in Cumming this coming Saturday, which I am excited about. Supposedly this is intended to be a very fast course. We shall see. I am trying to ramp up my running in preparation for the 1/2 Marathon on Thanksgiving. Good stuff coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment