Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's a New Year

I am really excited and anxious to resume my BJJ training. In the past few months, I have really been focusing on trying to stay in shape, cardio-wise, and increase my upper body strength. I plan to go to class this coming Tuesday night and hit the mats. I have also been reviewing a lot of videos on Youtube and other sites, including Submissions 101 and TrainFightWin.

I have an extremely supportive wife and she got me Saulo Ribeiro's JIU-JITSU UNIVERSITY (which is just an excellent textbook on the art), BJ Penn's book on the closed guard, and the three DVD set by Renzo Gracie (which so far is also quite good).

I ran across an interesting saying in one of the message forums recently. A guy said he doesn't fear a man who knows 1,000 submissons 1 way, he fears a man who knows 1 submission 1,000 ways. I think this is going to be the approach I am going to adopt this time around. I want to focus on a single technique for awhile until I perfect it and can do it in my sleep.

It's gonna be a good year, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment