Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jammed Thumbs and The Peachtree

The last couple of weeks, I have managed to jam both of my thumbs pretty badly while rolling on gi night. Last week, I jammed my left thumb. This week (last night), the left thumb was starting to feel pretty good, so what did I do? You got it. I managed to jam the right one. The right one feels worse than the left one did. It seems to be from grabbing my opponent's gi and having him make a sudden turn, unexpectedly torquing my thumb. So, I am icing my thumbs and taking ibuprofen and/or aleve. This too shall pass. All part of the game.

I am continuing to hold my own with bigger, heavier opponents. They are generally able to get me eventually, but they are having to work for it, which feels good. I got caught last night by an Americana, a few collar chokes, and the like.

I am registered for this year's Peachtree Road Race (July 4th), so I am trying to up my running a bit. I ran it last year, but this year they are returning to the original course, which will end in Piedmont Park. My rough goal for this time is to TRY to finish it in under an hour. I am hopeful I can pull it off, but if not, it is not the end of the world. It'll be cool just to finish it again.

Frank has secured a space for us, right next to the dance studio. We should be moving in sometime in April. Exciting stuff. Tim and I are helping out with the website. Lots of good things happening.

Roll on.

No comments:

Post a Comment