Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back Injury/Affliction: Day of Reckoning

Banner 2 Banner 1 go!


First off, tonight is Affliction's second show: Day of Reckoning. It should be a dandy. Not planning on probably watching it live, but will be interested to see the results.

Last night, I went to class, rolled with Frank and sustained a back injury. During the roll, he took my back and flattened me out. I resisted and felt a pop-pop-pop in my back. It felt more like a hard chiropractic adjustment than anything else, but I am kind of sore. I am hoping it is just minor. I was hurting bad last night when I got home but it is not nearly as bad this morning, which I am hoping is a good sign. I didn't get to roll much last night because of that, so not much to report on the training front. We went over the D'arce choke and Arm Triangle choke from side mount:



As far as the Affliction card, here are my picks:

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski: FEDOR. I think Arlovski will put up a good fight and it will last more than one round, but Fedor will continue to be the man.

Josh Barnett vs. ? Yvel: BARNETT. Barnett is likely to dominate this guy.

Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland: BELFORT. A good fight. Might go the distance. Belfort by decision if it does.

Babalu Sobral vs. Sokodjou: BABALU. Babalu will win this by submission.

Dan Lauzon vs. ??: LAUZON. The Lauzon boys train and fight hard.

We will see how good my picks are.

No comments:

Post a Comment